This course has been fully assessed and approved by IVCAS (Independent Vocational Course Appraisal Service)*. For more Information Click here
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Follow eight fantastic modules including Introduction, Cake Transportation, Photographing your Cakes, Running your own Business, The Do’s and Don’ts, Health, Safety & Hygiene, Accounting, VAT, Tax, Insurance & Record Keeping and Hiring Staff & Providing Sufficient Training, to help turn your bakes into a viable business.
- Learn how to create show-stopping recipes that will wow your clients.
- Focus on finding a niche for your business.
- Cakes are delicate cargo – explore whether you or your client will transport the cakes, whether you have an appropriate vehicle and boxes, and if you’ll need extra help when it comes to transportation.
- Get up to speed on all you need to know about photographing your cakes for promotional purposes. Find out which digital camera is most suitable, the best lenses and lighting for a perfect picture and what backdrop will be most effective.
- Find out what your overheads are likely to be and all you need to know about employees and benefits.
- Learn what software you’ll need to run your baking business.
- Consider how to choose the best possible name for your business.
- Explore the main do’s and don’ts of cake baking and what to do when things go wrong.
- Learn how to handle complaints effectively and provide fantastic customer service.
- Get to grips with what health and safety regulations and hygiene requirements mean for you.
- Find out what the HACCP is and how legal food inspections will impact you.
- Learn why accounting, record keeping and keeping organised with business licenses is so important for your business.
- Get tax and VAT savvy.
- Explore how to find the best candidates and ultimately employees by learning about interview techniques.
- Learn about employee inspection and handbooks.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Gain confidence and learn all you need to know about launching your business.
- The course’s tailored emphasis on baking businesses means you can be sure you’re getting the best training possible for your venture’s needs.
- Make your dreams of turning a talent into a successful career come true.
- Be your own boss and choose your own hours to fit around your commitments.
- Benefit from our dedicated online support.
You’ve got the skills and you know there are plenty of opportunities out there to build a successful cake baking business, so don’t let a lack of business know-how come between you and the sweet smell of success. Sign up to the Cupcake: Introduction to Baking Business today to make sure your business skills will soon be as impressive as your best bakes. After all, your cakes are far too good to just give away!